Sunday, December 14, 2008

Things to look foward for Hokkaido

Wooo!
All my life I've always wanted to go to Japan and finally for the first time I'll be going full of anticipations and 10 year old excitement! Ok sure some of you said I've been to Yokohama, which means I've been to Japan. But seriously....being in Japan surrounded by rich expats kids and eating fish & chips is not what I have in mind when it comes to a "trip to Japan"
So anyways...at least this time I get to finally properly be a tourist and visit Japan like all tourist should. Cameras ready and everything. So what's there to look foward to being in Japan and whats getting me super excited about going to Hokkaido? well...lets wiki it and see.
Most anticipating things in Hokkaido!



"Hokkaido is home to some of Japan's finest sakes, the most famous of the bunch being Asahikawa's Otokoyama (男山). Beer is also big in Hokkaido, the most famous brand being Sapporo Beer (naturally from Sapporo), but the many microbrews found in nearly every town are also worth sampling."


Hell yea! nothing like a decent old warm sake in the middle of a chilly night. I'm sooo gonna get completely drunk and loving it!





"Much of Hokkaido's population lives by the sea, and consequently seafood figures heavily in Hokkaido fare. Check out the hairy crabs (毛蟹 kegani) and the delicious sushi. Akkeshi's oysters, Saroma's scallops, and the northwest coast's sea urchin (uni) are considered to be among Japan's very best seafood."


I'm like wiping my drool off my mouth right now as im blogging this. Whats better than having fresh Japanese food? super fresh tasty Japanese SEAFOOD of course!! give me all your raw fish!!


I'm the man of contrast, I think some of you might have picked that up by now for either being my friends and all that. I love technology and gadgets and in contrast im a huge fan of traditions, particularly Japanese traditional cultures because they are really good at maintaining them. So! when Old meets new you get either a freak of nature or probably one of the most beutiful things ever. I was struggling in searching for a really hot girl wearing a kimono in google to post so that will have to make do. Atleast it shows the traditional houses dress and all that.

So what more of a better Chrismast present one could have? If I have a company to come along for it. Sure parents is all nice and dandy and all but having friends there would be even better...atleast we can visit to some of the more..."wilder" side of Japan.

No comments: